COQUITLAM, BC, Feb. 12, 2020 – The City of Coquitlam is making it easier to register for recreation programs with the launch of a new registration system coming this March.
New System Features
- Simplified sign in — login with an email address; no more Client ID or PIN numbers to remember.
- Easy to search — search for programs by facility, days of the week, age group or activity.
- Mobile-friendly — register for programs on your smart phone or tablet.
- Calendar reminders — add registered classes to your electronic calendar.
- Use gift cards to purchase programs or memberships online.
Why the Switch
A new registration system is needed because the existing system is being discontinued by the vendor. After a thorough selection process, the City chose a modern system that better meets the needs of customers.
- March 1 – Last day to register online using our current system.
- March 2 & 3 – No registration available, including online, phone and in-person registration.
- March 4 to 28 – Phone and in-person registration available for programs starting in March (includes spring break programs).
- In-person registration available at Pinetree Community Centre and Poirier Sport & Leisure Complex only, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily.
- Phone registration available during regular call centre hours, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Saturday/Sunday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- March 18, 6 a.m. – Online registration for spring (May/June) swimming begins; phone and in-person registration to start March 19.
- March 25, 6 a.m. – Online registration for spring (May/June) programs begins; phone and in-person registration to start March 26.
- April 8, 6 a.m. – Online registration for all summer (July/August) programs begins; phone and in-person registration to start April 9.
If you have registered for programs, booked a room or bought memberships with Coquitlam Parks, Recreation & Culture in the past two years, a new registration account will be created for you.
Expect an email from email@example.com on or after Feb. 20 to verify your new account. You must verify your new account before registering online for spring and summer programs. If you have questions about your new account, please contact email Parks, Recreation & Culture for support.
If you have never registered with us before, or haven’t within the past two years, you will need to create an account to register for programs. New accounts can be created after March 4 by visiting coquitlam.ca/registration.
Instructional videos on how to create a new account and how to search and register for programs will be posted to our website and social media channels in the coming weeks.
Visit coquitlam.ca/registration, sign-up for the PRC E-News and follow @CityofCoquitlam on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for updates and news as we get ready to launch the new system.