COQUITLAM, B.C., Oct. 9, 2020 – Many of Coquitlam’s popular recreation programs, such as fitness classes and swimming and skating lessons, will be continuing in November and December, with registration beginning Wednesday, Oct. 14.
Details will be available online as of Monday, Oct. 12. Online registration is available 24/7 at www.coquitlam.ca/registration and will begin Wednesday, Oct. 14 at 8:30 a.m. Phone-in registration is available as of Thursday, Oct. 15 at 604-927-4386, weekdays 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (except for statutory holidays), and weekends 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Safety protocols are in place at all City facilities to ensure the safety of program participants and staff.
Programming Choices for Everyone
The programs everyone has come to love are available for all ages and abilities: fitness classes; swimming and skating lessons; parent-and-tot, preschool and children recreation activities; programs to help youth connect and engage; and adult and senior general interest and wellness programs. Popular after-school, Pro-D Day and winter camps are also available.
October Program and Pre-Registered Drop-ins Still Available
Registration remains open for October programs and there are spaces still available.
Activities formerly offered on a drop-in basis are now available by pre-registration. Registration is available 24 hours in advance and details are available online at www.coquitlam.ca/registration.
Keeping Everyone Safe During the Pandemic
Coquitlam’s recreation activities have been modified to ensure safe distancing, hand hygiene, reduced touchpoints and other health precautions. Signs, floor markings and facility staff will provide guidance at each location.
Each site has a safety plan that includes:
- Staff training;
- Pre-registration and limited numbers to ensure physical distancing;
- Sending home any participant or staff displaying symptoms;
- Physical alterations, such as Plexiglas barriers and alternative entrances, to ensure distancing;
- Changes to practices and programs to reduce touchpoints; and
- Enhanced cleaning.
To learn more, view our Welcome Back video.
Stay Informed on Coquitlam Parks, Recreation, Culture and Facilities
To stay up to date on news and updates:
- Subscribe to the PRC E-news Newsletter at www.coquitlam.ca/enews to receive bi-weekly parks, recreation and culture updates;
- Check out the weekly City Page on page 6 of the Tri-City News or at www.coquitlam.ca/connect;
- Follow @cityofcoquitlam on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube; and
- Download the free CoquitlamConnect app from the App Store or Google Play, or through the links at www.coquitlam.ca/coquitlamconnect.
Check Out Coquitlam’s New Website
Finding City information is easier than ever on Coquitlam’s user-friendly new website, launched in early October. Visitors will discover a fresh new look, improved navigation, a responsive design that works on all types of screens, scannable content, and other enhancements that will improve the user experience and access for visitors of all abilities. New features include a NotifyMe® service for customizing how you receive information from the City. Reflecting user feedback and industry best practices, it’s the website’s first redesign since 2012. Learn more at www.coquitlam.ca/websiterelaunch.