COQUITLAM, B.C., Mar. 9, 2021 – What do you think of Coquitlam’s updated website? Give the City your opinion this month for a chance to win a local shopping gift card.
Coquitlam is checking in with website users after launching its modern and user-friendly new website last October. Residents, as well as local businesses, community groups, volunteers and developers are encouraged to check out the site and complete a survey about their experience at www.coquitlam.ca/websitesurvey by Apr. 9. Survey respondents will be entered to win a $100 gift card for Coquitlam Centre.
The website is a critical tool for the City to deliver services, provide information and engage the community, particularly when face-to-face interaction is limited. Even prior to the pandemic, it was one of the public’s preferred methods of communicating with the City and finding information.
A Modern, Responsive Site
Last fall’s update of the website’s design and content – its first since 2012 – brought new or enhanced features including:
- A fresh new look with user-friendly navigation and search functions;
- A responsive design that provides consistent viewing on any device or computer, while adhering to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines to assist visitors with hearing or visual impairments;
- A customizable new Notify Me email and text subscription service (found at www.coquitlam.ca/notifyme) to receive City news and information on specific topics of interest;
- Updated and simplified content throughout, in a scannable format that limits scrolling; and
- A more prominent Service Requests section for asking questions or reporting problems.
The updated site also meets accessibility standards, the latest security protocols, links seamlessly with the City’s other online services, and is easier for staff to update and manage.
The updated website has recorded close to one million pageviews since the launch more than four months ago, with the most popular pages being recreation registration, careers, curbside collection guidelines and calendar, COVID-19 updates, the Poirier Sport & Leisure Complex and the City Centre Aquatic Complex.
A video tour highlighting the new site features can be found at https://youtu.be/IAPRQ6mV_T0 .
Stay informed about City news and service changes by:
Manager, Corporate Communications
City of Coquitlam