COQUITLAM, B.C., June 26, 2020 – Coquitlam businesses are getting into the Canada Day spirit with deals and packages to help residents celebrate safely at home.
Along with the online Canada Day celebrations July 1 at www.coquitlam.ca/canadaday, the City is promoting ten local businesses offering take-out, dine-in, meal fixings, party supplies, fitness and other Canada Day specials.
The selected locations applied for the City’s Canada Day business support package that included $500 in professional photography from media partner Flare Photography and marketing assistance.
Tips for Celebrating Canada Day 2020
Coquitlam residents are encouraged to support local businesses as well when they stock up for their Canada Day festivities. Try out these special offerings from local businesses:
- Get healthy and fit this summer with Coquitlam Fit Boot Camp’s 28 days for $28 special, or one month of Yoga Generation’s unlimited virtual and 10 studio classes for $50.
- Hungry? Feed the family for $48 with Me-n-Eds Coquitlam’s two-pizza, garlic bread and pop special from June 24 to July 5, grab C Market Roastery and Kitchen’s $15 gourmet sandwich, fries and cookie deal, or check out the drink, pizza and sandwich specials at Beanery Coffeehouse and Eatery from June 24 to July 5. You can also enjoy half-priced chicken wings on July 1 and beer specials June 24 to July 5 at the Tap House.
- Pick up the fixings for your own feast with Mr Mikes Steakhouse’s Mikeburger kits, steaks, ribs and sauce for your barbecue from June 24 to July 5, and Coffee+Vanilla’s made-in-house Canada Day s’mores package.
- Load up on party supplies and light-up packs at Dollars & Cents at Westwood Plateau Village, or mention “Coquitlam Celebrates Canada Day” at Rosemarie’s Treasures for 10 per cent off in-store purchases of natural Bug-Off Spray, small-batch hot sauce, hand-painted glassware and other items.
To learn more about these special offers, go to www.visitcoquitlam.ca/canadaday.
Tune in July 1 for an Afternoon of Fun
Get out your red attire, hang your Canadian flag and join in the fun at home July 1 as Coquitlam presents its annual Canada Day celebrations online with live music, dance, interactive activities and more.
The 12th annual Coquitlam Celebrates Canada Day will be broadcast at www.coquitlam.ca/canadaday from noon to 7 p.m. with many of the much-loved aspects of the celebrations traditionally held at Town Centre Park. The broadcast will remain online until the evening of July 5.
Featuring a mix of live and pre-recorded segments, the broadcast will kick off with a welcome parade, remarks by Mayor Richard Stewart and MP Ron McKinnon, and O Canada sung by award-winning Coquitlam singer-songwriter Dani Black.
A packed schedule will follow until 7 p.m., with workshops by Maple Leaf Circus along with family activities and demos by City departments, artisans and local organizations sprinkled between the music and dance performances:
- 12:15 p.m.: Will’s Jams – Children’s music by Will Stroet
- 1:15 p.m.: Heather Jolley Highland Dancers – Scottish dancing
- 2 p.m.: Vitaly – Illusion and magic
- 3 p.m.: Silk & Skins – Pan-Asian musical collaboration
- 4 p.m.: Speed Control – Rock recording artists
- 6 p.m.: Fame Art Dance – Iranian contemporary and folklore dance
- 6:15 p.m.: The Heels – High-energy country
Join Coquitlam’s Efforts to #SupportLocal
The City of Coquitlam has joined the Tri-Cities #SupportLocal campaign to assist local businesses, many of which are struggling at this time. Coquitlam also strongly encourages residents to #SupportLocal for their shopping and meals; view business listings at www.wegotthistricities.com and www.visitcoquitlam.ca for a directory of 200+ Coquitlam restaurants offering takeout, dine-in and delivery.
See also our video to learn more about how you can support local businesses.
Enjoy 75 Days of Staycation Fun
Be a tourist in your own town this summer with Tourism Coquitlam’s 75 Days of Summer campaign. Follow @visitcoquitlam on Facebook and Instagram from June 24 to Sept. 7 for prize giveaways and insider tips about things to do and great places to visit, eat or drink in Coquitlam. Watch for your daily dose of #SummerintheCQ inspiration and feel free to comment and share your own suggestions, tagging #ExploreCoquitlam and #SummerintheCQ. The City is also looking to purchase gift cards or prize packages from local businesses – contact 604-927-3913 or email@example.com for information.
Supporting Our Community During the Pandemic
The City of Coquitlam is here to help, with these resources:
- Visit www.coquitlam.ca/csrp to learn about the City’s Community Support and Recovery Plan, which is providing immediate and long-term support for the non-profit sector, businesses and residents;
- Visit www.coquitlam.ca/spirit for a free library of activities for all ages, including fitness, arts and culture, outdoor activities and ways to connect with your community; and
- Visit www.coquitlam.ca/covid19 for updates on City services and initiatives and COVID-19 health resources.
Coquitlam residents and businesses are also encouraged to follow the City of Coquitlam on social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and download the CoquitlamConnect mobile app for up-to-date City information.