COQUITLAM, B.C., Aug. 3, 2021 – Coquitlam residents of all ages can learn about local sports opportunities, test their skills and play sports games on Saturday, Aug. 21 at the City’s popular Sports Fair.
Deferred in 2020 due to the pandemic, the annual event brings together a wide variety of community sporting associations with members of the public who want to try out new sports, find out what local sports groups have to offer, and discover fun ways to stay active.
This year’s free fair will take place outdoors rain or shine at Town Centre Park’s North Field #6 on Aug. 21 from 1 to 3 p.m.
A Sport for Everyone
The Sports Fair is one of the Spotlight on Sport initiative from the Coquitlam in Bloom program. This is an annual community involvement event to grow sports in Coquitlam.
Everyone from children to older adults are invited to attend the free event, which will include sports group booths, try-it stations and free slushies. Food will also be available for purchase from the park’s concession stands. Visit www.coquitlam.ca/towncentrepark for a map of free parking at Town Centre Park.
Twenty-one sports groups are scheduled to take part Aug. 21, including:
- BC Aquasonics
- Blind Sports BC
- Burke Mountain Archers
- City of Coquitlam Park Spark
- Coquitlam Ducks Volleyball
- Coquitlam Lions Water Polo
- Coquitlam Metro Ford Soccer Club
- Coquitlam Minor Football Association
- Coquitlam Minor Softball Association
- Coquitlam Moody Ringette Association
- Coquitlam Moody Minor Baseball Association
- Coquitlam Tennis Club (CTC)
- Dogwood 50+ Roller/Inline Skaters
- Port Moody Curling Club
- RumbleFish Underwater Hockey Club
- Sport Ability BC
- TORCA – Tri-Cities Off Road Cycling Association
- Tri-Cities Female Ice Hockey Association
- Tri-City Field Hockey Association
- United Rugby Club
- Windies Cricket Club
Those interested in attending are encouraged to RSVP to the City of Coquitlam Facebook event page for updates and reminders.
Learn more about the Spotlight on Sport initiative at www.coquitlam.ca/spotlightonsport.
Manager Parks, Recreation and Culture
City of Coquitlam