COQUITLAM, B.C., Aug. 26, 2021 – Curious and active preschoolers will find plenty of opportunities to learn, create, move and play in Coquitlam this fall.
Registration is open for dozens of programs, including some new options, with programs starting Sept. 12 for youngsters age five and under. Parents can still find spaces in Early Years categories such as adult participation, crafts and hobbies, learn and discover, performing arts, sports and active play, and visual arts.
Register Today for Early Years Activities
Visit www.coquitlam.ca/registration and search the Early Years section for activities with spots available for registration or waitlists.
Options with parent participation include:
- Arts & Crafts – Little Artists and Little Creators
- Learn & Discover – Baby and me Drop-in, Little Einsteins, Story Time, Little Scientists, Explore the World of: Under the Sea, How Plants Grow, Butterflies, Bugs & Creepy Crawlies, Space, Dinosaurs and more
- Outdoor Recreation – Eco Trekkers and Baby & Me Hiking
- Performing Arts – Creative Dance
- Sports & Active Play – Bootcamp 4 U & Baby, Yoga: Adult & Baby
Programs without parent participation include:
- Crafts & Hobbies – Little Artists
- Learn & Discover General Interest – Circle Time & Play, Play & Learn Virtual
- Performing Arts – Creative Dance, Hip Hop, Ballet and Jump Start Cycle of Seasons music programs
- Sports & Active Play – Ball Hockey, Basketball, Gymnastics, Mixed Sports and Soccer
Keeping You Safe
All City recreation offerings comply with current COVID-19 health protocols. Programs may be adjusted based on new direction from the Provincial Health Officer and other pandemic impacts; those registered in programs will be advised of any changes that affect them. Please refer to www.coquitlam.ca/covid19 for updates.
Financial Assistance Available for Recreation
Starting Sept. 1, it will be easier than ever to access financial support for Coquitlam’s recreation services. The City is relaunching a more user-friendly Financial Assistance for Recreation program – formerly known as Get Connected, Get Active – with easier sign-up and income verification plus more flexibility than ever. Each year, qualifying Coquitlam residents will receive 50 free drop-in visits plus a $225 credit they can use for an expanded range of admissions, passes, programs, lessons, exam fees, supplies, rentals and more. For details or to register online, visit www.coquitlam.ca/financialassistancerec.
Keep up-to-date on City news, program offerings and updates:
Community Recreation Manager
City of Coquitlam