COQUITLAM, B.C., March 11, 2022 – Following the Provincial Health Officer’s (PHO) repeal of the Face Coverings Order, effective immediately the City of Coquitlam will no longer require visitors to wear masks indoors at civic facilities.
While masks are no longer required, the City recognizes that people have varying comfort levels, and supports those who are higher risk as they continue wearing masks and moving forward at their own pace.
At the moment, the requirement for proof of vaccination using the BC Vaccine Card QR code remains in place for those 12 years and older, and covers:
- Events at City facilities, including recreational programs and activities
- Exercise, fitness, dance activities or adult sports of any size
- Drop-in activities and adult sports at arenas and gymnasiums (Poirier Sport and Leisure Complex arenas, Poirier Forum, Pinetree and Centenntial Activity Centre gymnasiums)
- Swimming pools, including drop-in, aquafit and pre-registered lessons (Poirier Sport and Leisure Complex, City Centre Aquatic Complex)
- Adult coaches, referees, volunteers and helpers assisting with child or youth sport or programs
- Spectators at events or in or near program areas
Proof of vaccination will not be required at the following:
- Child and youth sport and recreational programs provided primarily for those under the age of 22 years
- Before and after school programs
- Rehab or exercise therapy programs
- Government activities and services, including voting
For more information on Coquitlam’s current recreation offerings and public health safety measures, visit www.coquitlam.ca/registration.
Stay Up to Date on City Projects and Initiatives
Stay up to date about City news and service changes by:
EOC Public Information Officer
City of Coquitlam