COQUITLAM, B.C., May 20, 2022 – Summer is just around the corner and Coquitlam has been preparing its outdoor pools and spray parks for the return of warm sunny days.
The City will open its spray pads May 21 followed by its outdoor pools in June. Based on current health guidelines, all visits are drop-in with no registration required. Information about all City outdoor pools and spray pads can be found at www.coquitlam.ca/outdoorpools.
Free Family Fun at Spray Parks and Wading Pool
Coquitlam’s nine spray parks and wading pool offer no-cost drop-in fun for young families. In many locations the spray features are activated by push buttons, a water-saving measure.
Opening of the City’s spray parks is weather-dependent throughout the season, so visitors are encouraged to check www.coquitlam.ca/outdoorpools before heading there. Please note there is no lifeguard on duty at spray parks.
These spray parks will be open May 21 to Sept. 5 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.:
- Burns Spray Park (push-button activated)
- Cottonwood Spray Park
- Galloway Spray Park (push-button activated)
- Mackin Spray Park (push-button activated)
- Norm Staff Spray Park (push-button activated)
- Panorama Spray Park (push-button activated)
- Rochester Spray Park (push-button activated)
These spray parks will be open May 21 to Sept. 5 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.:
- Blue Mountain Spray Park
- Town Centre Spray Park (push-button activated)
Blue Mountain Wading Pool will be open June 11 to Sept. 5, 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Enjoy Outdoor Pools in June
Both Spani and Eagle Ridge Outdoor Pools are competitive eight-lane, 25-metre pools featuring two diving boards, changeroom facilities and an adjacent grass picnic area.
Spani will open June 1 for drop-in public swimming:
- June 1 to 29: Weekdays from 6 to 7:30 p.m.; weekends from 1 to 8:30 p.m.
- June 30 to Sept. 5: Weekdays 1 to 5 p.m. and 6 to 8:30 p.m.; weekends 1 to 8:30 p.m. (Due to a swim meet, Spani will be closed for public swimming and lessons from July 22 at 3:30 p.m. to July 24, reopening July 25.)
Eagle Ridge will open June 11 for drop-in public swimming:
- June 11 to 29: weekends 1 to 8:30 p.m. (two lanes available).
- June 30 to Sept. 5: Weekdays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and 6 to 8:30 p.m. (at least two lanes available); weekends 1 to 8:30 p.m. (two lanes available).
- Sept. 6 to Oct. 9: Weekdays 5:30 to 9 a.m. (lengths only, at least three lanes available) and 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. (lengths only, limited space).
Admission to both pools is $2 (cash only) for all ages and all people, even those who don’t go in the pool.
Supporting Accessibility at Coquitlam Pools
The City’s indoor and outdoor pools feature a growing array of accessibility equipment as part of Coquitlam’s efforts to expand access to recreation. This includes:
- Water wheelchairs at City Centre Aquatic Centre (CCAC), Poirier Sport & Leisure Complex (PSLC), and Eagle Ridge and Spani Outdoor Pools;
- Change tables at CCAC and PSLC;
- New transfer lifts at CCAC, PSLC, and Eagle Ridge Outdoor Pool to move visitors between their own wheelchairs and water wheelchairs (all three sites) or change tables (CCAC and PSLC);
- Pool lifts at CCAC and Spani Outdoor Pool;
- Pool ramps at CCAC (leisure pool), PSLC (lap and leisure pools) and Eagle Ridge Outdoor Pool.
For more information about Coquitlam’s commitment to accessibility and related resources, visit www.coquitlam.ca/recinclusion.
Stay Informed on Coquitlam Parks, Recreation and Culture
To stay up to date about Coquitlam Parks, Recreation, Culture and Facilities news and updates:
- Subscribe to the PRC E-news Newsletter at www.coquitlam.ca/enews to receive bi-weekly parks, recreation and culture updates;
- Check out the weekly City Page on page 6 of the Tri-City News or at www.coquitlam.ca/connect;
- Follow @cityofcoquitlam on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube; and
- Download the free CoquitlamConnect app from the App Store or Google Play, or through the links at www.coquitlam.ca/coquitlamconnect.
Community recreation Manager