COQUITLAM, B.C., May 12, 2022 – Registration for Coquitlam’s Summer 2022 general recreation and fitness programs begins May 18 at 8:30 a.m. Registration for summer swimming and skating programs opened on April 27.
- General recreation and fitness programs running July to September 2022
- Monday, May 16 – View programs online at 8:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 18 – Online, phone-in and in-person registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
Online registration is available 24/7 at www.coquitlam.ca/registration. Phone-in registration is available at 604-927-4386, weekdays 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. (except for statutory holidays) and weekends 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Types of Registered Programs Available
With programs for all ages and abilities, Coquitlam has a variety of general recreation and fitness opportunities available, including:
- A variety of full-day summer camps for children and youth
- Half-day programs, including Cartwheels & Crayons
- Afternoon and evening programs to keep kids busy, including arts, dance and sports
- Beginner-friendly, low-impact fitness classes
- Guided walks, hikes, mountain biking and nature-education programs for all ages
- Adult crafts and hobbies, dance and language classes, and talks and workshops
More Drop-in Opportunities Available this Summer
In addition to our popular drop-in offerings, look forward to new opportunities throughout the summer including Gym Time for Tots and Afternoon Sports. We will also be having a Pride Skate at Poirier Sport & Leisure Complex on Monday, Aug. 1 from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Financial Assistance Available for Recreation
Coquitlam strives to make recreation affordable and accessible for all residents.
Formally known as Get Connected, Get Active, Coquitlam’s Financial Assistance for Recreation program is available for eligible Coquitlam residents. Each eligible family member will receive 50 free drop-in visits plus a $225 credit they can use for an expanded range of admissions, passes, programs, lessons, exam fees, supplies, equipment rentals and more. Visit www.coquitlam.ca/financialassistancerec for answers to frequently asked questions, to view the application checklist and to apply online.
Stay Informed on Coquitlam Parks, Recreation and Culture
To stay up to date about Coquitlam Parks, Recreation, Culture and Facilities news and updates:
- Subscribe to the PRC E-news Newsletter at www.coquitlam.ca/enews to receive bi-weekly parks, recreation and culture updates;
- Check out the weekly City Page on page 6 of the Tri-City News or at www.coquitlam.ca/connect;
- Follow @cityofcoquitlam on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube; and
- Download the free CoquitlamConnect app from the App Store or Google Play, or through the links at www.coquitlam.ca/coquitlamconnect.
Community Recreation Manager