COQUITLAM, B.C., May 18, 2022 – Coquitlam’s Poirier Sport and Leisure Complex (PSLC) at 633 Poirier St. will undergo its annual maintenance closure from Tuesday, May 31 to Sunday, June 26, reopening Monday, June 27.
The fitness centre at PSLC will be closed Tuesday, May 31 to June 6 inclusively, reopening on Tuesday, June 7. During this time, the reception desk will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will return to regular hours June 7 onward.
The arenas will also undergo maintenance upgrades and will be closed from mid-June to late July. City skating lessons and drop-ins will return on Aug. 9.
Maintenance Vital for Daily Public Use
As the swimming pool at PSLC is open to the public every day and the systems run continuously, the four-week closure is necessary for maintenance and cleaning that cannot be completed while the facility is open. The closure ensures a safe environment for staff and the public, reduces the likelihood of equipment failures and extends the life of City assets.
Annual tasks typically include:
- Draining the pools and deep-cleaning the tanks;
- Deep cleaning the fitness centres and equipment, lockers, change rooms, showers, lifejackets and pool toys;
- Regrouting tiles and touching up paint; and
- Inspecting and servicing mechanical systems and other equipment.
Alternative Options Available
Patrons can still swim in Coquitlam at City Centre Aquatic Complex (CCAC) at 1210 Pinetree Way, and starting June 1 at Spani Outdoor Pool (655 Hillcrest Street) and June 11 at Eagle Ridge Outdoor Pool (2689 Guildford Way) for select hours. Visit www.coquitlam.ca/outdoorpools for all the details.
The fitness centre at CCAC will be open for drop-in fitness classes and weight room access.
Stay Informed on Coquitlam Parks, Recreation and Culture
To stay up to date about Coquitlam Parks, Recreation, Culture and Facilities news and updates:
- Subscribe to the PRC E-news Newsletter at www.coquitlam.ca/enews to receive bi-weekly parks, recreation and culture updates;
- Check out the weekly City Page on page 6 of the Tri-City News or at www.coquitlam.ca/connect;
- Follow @cityofcoquitlam on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube; and
- Download the free CoquitlamConnect app from the App Store or Google Play, or through the links at www.coquitlam.ca/coquitlamconnect.
Community Recreation Manager