COQUITLAM, B.C., May 24, 2022 – Coquitlam is awarding $38,750 to not-for-profit organizations through the Revenue Recovery Grant.
Last week, the City approved Revenue Recovery Grants for eight groups. The goal of this grant was to offset some of the unanticipated financial challenges faced by Coquitlam-serving organizations, and submissions were received during the grant program’s intake in March. Grants will be used to replace lost revenue in 2021 and/or 2022 from cancelled events, fewer program registrants, reduced income from other sources, or other situations related directly to the pandemic.
Financed through the City’s Casino Community Capital Fund, the one-time grant is similar to the former Community Support and Recovery (CSRP) grants, which distributed $119,682 to 25 organizations in 2020 and 2021.
2022 Revenue Recovery Grant Recipients
The $38,750 in approved grants was awarded to the following recipients:
- Grenadian Cultural Association of BC ($5,000);
- Coastal Sound Music Academy ($5,000);
- Coquitlam Foundation ($5,000);
- Coquitlam Amateur Radio Emergency Services Society ($3,750);
- Stage 43 Theatrical Society ($5,000);
- BC Aquasonics Synchronized Swim Club ($5,000);
- Tri-City Iranian Cultural Society ($5,000); and
- The People’s Pantry Food Recovery Society ($5,000).
Revenue Recovery Grants
The Revenue Recovery Grant was offered in the spring of 2022 to support local non-profit organizations that have identified a loss of expected revenue in 2021 or 2022 that was a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information on Community Grants, visit www.coquitlam.ca/grants.
Community Partnership and Policy Manager