COQUITLAM, B.C., May 30, 2022 – Kids and youth can stay active and have fun over the summer without breaking the bank as the popular $20 Summer Child & Youth Pass returns this year.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The pass costs only $20 and taxes are included.
- It’s available for kids and youth up to 18 years old.
- It’s valid from June 17 to Sept. 5, 2022.
- The pass gives unlimited access to Coquitlam’s drop-in activities, including:
- Public swimming at indoor and outdoor pools;
- Drop-in sports, including basketball, badminton and volleyball;
- Drop-in skating; and
- Fitness centres and drop-in fitness classes (available to youth 13 to 18 years old). Please note, teens 13 to 15 years old must complete a fitness orientation before participating in the Fitness Centres and drop-in fitness classes.
Where to purchase the pass:
The Summer Child & Youth Pass is now available. You can purchase it by phone at 604-927-4386 or in person at these locations:
- Poirier Sport & Leisure Complex, 633 Poirier Street
- City Centre Aquatic Complex, 1210 Pinetree Way
- Pinetree Community Centre, 1260 Pinetree Way
- Dogwood Pavilion, 1655 Winslow Avenue
- Glen Pine Pavilion, 1200 Glen Pine Court
For more information on our drop-in programs and recreation facilities, visit www.coquitlam.ca/summerpass.
Discounts Available with ONE PASS
Do you enjoy drop-in swimming, skating, fitness and more in Coquitlam? The ONE PASS is your gateway to discounts for drop-in aquatics, arena, fitness and gym programs across the City. The all-inclusive pass is valid at all Coquitlam recreation facilities and offers discounts based on age, pass type and frequency. Get more flexibility with 10-visit passes valid for two years, or deeper discounts with unlimited visits over a month or year. Visit www.coquitlam.ca/onepass for details, or buy at any recreation facility or online at www.coquitlam.ca/registration.
Financial Assistance Available for Recreation
Coquitlam strives to make recreation affordable and accessible for all residents. Formally known as Get Connected, Get Active, Coquitlam’s Financial Assistance for Recreation program is available for eligible Coquitlam residents. Each eligible family member will receive 50 free drop-in visits plus a $225 credit they can use for an expanded range of admissions, passes, programs, lessons, exam fees, supplies, equipment rentals and more. Visit www.coquitlam.ca/financialassistancerec for answers to frequently asked questions, to view the application checklist and to apply online.
Stay Informed on Coquitlam Parks, Recreation and Culture
To stay up to date about Coquitlam Parks, Recreation, Culture and Facilities news and updates:
- Subscribe to the PRC E-news Newsletter at www.coquitlam.ca/enews to receive bi-weekly parks, recreation and culture updates;
- Check out the weekly City Page on page 6 of the Tri-City News or at www.coquitlam.ca/connect;
- Follow @cityofcoquitlam on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube; and
- Download the free CoquitlamConnect app from the App Store or Google Play, or through the links at www.coquitlam.ca/coquitlamconnect.
Community Recreation Manager