COQUITLAM, B.C., May 30, 2022 – Coquitlam is gearing up for Seniors Week, June 5 – 11, with a variety of activities and events to celebrate residents aged 50 and up.
The City recognizes BC Seniors Week during the first full week of June each year to honour the contributions of seniors in our community. This year’s Seniors Week is proudly presented by Aspira Retirement Living.
What’s In Store for 2022
Seniors can collect stamps on their Seniors Week Passport by attending activities offered throughout the week. For every three stamps collected, participants will be entered into a prize draw. Activities during the week include:
- The Meeting of the Melodies kickoff event—a fun filled music and dance performance
- Drop-in sports and fitness activities—skating, hockey, pickleball, aquafit and more
- Gardening presentations and activities
- A guided interpretive walk through Mundy Park trails to learn about the greenery and wildlife
- Movie days featuring the films Late Night and Poms
- A visit with a pet therapy volunteer and dog to get a healthy dose of “pawsitivity”
- Information sessions about the the City’s Pavilions, and fitness and aquatic services
- Fitness orientations to help seniors become comfortable using the equipment in the City’s fitness centres effectively and safely
Visit www.coquitlam.ca/seniorsweek for activity and passport details.
Stay Informed on Coquitlam Parks, Recreation and Culture
To stay up to date about Coquitlam Parks, Recreation, Culture and Facilities news and updates:
- Subscribe to the PRC E-news Newsletter at www.coquitlam.ca/enews to receive bi-weekly parks, recreation and culture updates;
- Check out the weekly City Page on page 6 of the Tri-City News or at www.coquitlam.ca/connect;
- Follow @cityofcoquitlam on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube; and
- Download the free CoquitlamConnect app from the App Store or Google Play, or through the links at www.coquitlam.ca/coquitlamconnect.
About Aspira Living
Aspira Retirement Living is the retirement division of Sienna Senior Living, offering a range of seniors’ living accommodations, including independent living, assisted living, respite care and memory care. We have 36, and growing, communities across Ontario, Saskatchewan and British Columbia. At Aspira, we believe seniors should be able to live the vibrant life they desire and deserve. To do so, we focus on culinary excellence in our Nourish by Aspira offering. We offer more choices and personalization in our signature engagement programs Active by Aspira and Explore by Aspira. And we establish partnerships and connections that engage residents inside and outside of their homes to ensure they are a vital part of the local community. www.aspiralife.ca
Community Recreation Manager