Yes! You must follow these guidelines when planning your block party.
- Block parties can take place outdoors on private property, indoors on private property or potentially City street in Coquitlam.
- Fireworks are not permitted unless you obtain a permit from Coquitlam Fire & Rescue (PDF).
- All recyclables and garbage must be properly disposed of at the end of the event.
- Any outdoor amplified sound (music played through speakers) must end by 10 p.m.
- The primary purpose of a block party must be for the enjoyment and benefit of the surrounding neighborhood in order to be eligible for the Block Party Grant.
- For example, garage sales and birthday parties are not eligible for the grant.