The Province of British Columbia requires that all eligible homeowners apply for a Home Owner Grant each year. This is to confirm that they still meet the eligibility requirements to receive a grant.
Claim Your Home Owner Grant Every Year
- Avoid penalty. Claim your Home Owner Grant as part of your payment before the due date.
- If your taxes are paid by your mortgage company, you still need to claim your grant.
- You may claim your grant even if you are not making payment.
If Your Home Owner Grant Is Not Claimed
- Your account will show that you still owe the grant amount and you may receive a penalty.
- City of Coquitlam cannot receive the grant amount from the Province of British Columbia.
After You Claim Your Home Owner Grant
- The grant amount is credited as paid against your outstanding bill.
- City of Coquitlam receives the grant amount from the Province of British Columbia.