Improvements to Hickey Park include:
- Installation of new “flex-court” plastic composite tiles to tennis courts (a type of surface approved by Canadian and U.S. tennis associations);
- New black plastic-coated chainlink mesh fencing;
- New UV mesh to improve wind screening;
- State-of the art LED lighting;
- New electrical controls kiosk;
- Repainted lines on ball hockey and basketball courts; and
- New basketball hoops.
Improvements to the park’s tennis, basketball and ball hockey sport courts are funded in part by the federal Gas Tax Fund, a cost-sharing infrastructure program administered in B.C. by the Union of B.C. Municipalities.
Improvements to Hickey Park were complete in March 2021. Learn more about Hickey Park.