The Adopt-a-Bench Initiative offers opportunities for local community sports teams, organizations, and groups to contribute to an outdoor sport facilities in the City by taking ownership of a team’s bench, dugout, or spectator stand.
On a weekly basis our Adopt-a-Bench teams:
- Keep the adopted area free of litter
- Remove graffiti
- Report hazards, vandalism or unusual activity
Interested teams, organizations, or groups must first sign-up and complete an orientation. The adoption is a minimum of one season, and the team, organization, or group will be recognized with signage at the bench, dugout, or spectator stand of their choosing.
Who, When, Where and Why
- Who: Community Sports Groups
- When: Seasonal/Year-Round
- Where: All outdoor sports fields/facilities in the City
- Why: To foster a sense of ownership with sports groups who regularly use the sports fields and facilities