New development in Northeast Coquitlam has resulted in significant increases in new City infrastructure, which has also increased the workload for our Public Works and Parks staff. There is a considerable distance from the City’s main works yard (Austin Works Yard located at 500 Mariner Way) to Northeast Coquitlam.
This proposed temporary works yard will improve service to the community by increasing the effectiveness and efficiencies of routine maintenance and emergency response. This facility would be used to store Public Works and Parks materials and equipment for day-to-day and emergency operations.
Included on the site:
- Equipment storage
- Aggregate bins
- Covered salt storage
- Trailer with a lunchroom, washroom and small staff meeting area
Proposed regular hours of operation Monday through Friday, 7 am to 4:30 pm.
- Community Information Meeting - Information Boards (PDF) Wednesday, January 16, 2019
- Council Meeting - First Reading - Zoning Bylaw Text Amendment, Monday, January 28, 2019
- Public Hearing (Tentative) - Zoning Bylaw Text Amendment, Monday, February 11, 2019
- Council Meeting (Tentative) - Proposed Development Variance Permit and Temporary Use Permit, Monday, March 11, 2019