In recognition of the valuable role of non-profit organizations, organized sports and other similar groups in our community, the City of Coquitlam provides the opportunity for such groups to place registration or event-related signs on City-owned property at six high-profile Coquitlam locations.
Other promotional opportunities include Community Postering Boards and an online Community Calendar.
Community Sign Locations
Registration or event-related signs will only be permitted at the following six locations in Coquitlam:
Please note that, in accordance with City of Coquitlam Sign Bylaw Number 3873, 2008, registration and event-related signage is not permitted on any other property - public or private - in the City of Coquitlam.
The following sign placement guidelines are intended to balance the promotional needs of local organizations with the aesthetic and safety concerns of the community.
Fixed Frame Sign Placement Guidelines & Restrictions
- No more than one sign is permitted per group, per location
- Signs must clearly display the registration period or event date on the face of the sign
- Signs must not be posted more than five weeks prior to the commencement of the registration period or event date indicated on the sign
- Signs must be removed within one week of the conclusion of the registration period or event date; and must not be posted for more than six weeks total
- Signs that advertise events or registrations that are recurring in nature (e.g. every week for a period of time), must adhere to the time limits above and must vacate the frames for a period of one month before reposting
- Signs must include contact information for the group (including name, address of group office and phone number). This may be placed on the back side of the sign
- Any damage sustained to City property as a result of the placement or removal of the sign must be repaired immediately at the sole cost of the group
- Signs are not permitted in any other public areas of the city, except those set out above, including telephone and street light poles, parks and school sites (there are nine Community Poster Board locations that can be used for postering as detailed below)
- Signs must be either 4’ by 4’ or 8’ in length and 4’ in height and must be placed in the fixed frame provided. Standalone signs are not permitted and signs may not be affixed to the other parts of the frame;
- Use of the fixed frames is on a first-come, first-served basis
- The City reserves the right to limit use of the sign frames to groups that are not-for-profit, are based in Coquitlam, or whose events are in the City of Coquitlam.
The City of Coquitlam Sign Bylaw will be enforced if signage is placed at any other location in the city. Signs that do not meet the guidelines above will be removed without any notice and may be subject to a removal and/or redemption fee.
As some of the signage locations are in high-traffic areas, groups are urged to use caution, act in a safe manner and to adhere to the City’s Street and Traffic Bylaw when placing and removing signage.
Community Postering Boards
In addition to the community signage locations, community groups have access to nine Community Postering Boards to promote event or registration dates. These must be posted in compliance with the City of Coquitlam Postering Bylaw Number 3887, 2009 (PDF). They are located at:
- City Centre Aquatic Complex - 1210 Pinetree Way
- Coquitlam City Hall - 3000 Guildford Way
- Coquitlam Public Library, City Centre Branch - 1169 Pinetree Way
- Coquitlam Public Library, Poirier Branch - 575 Poirier Street
- Dogwood Pavilion - 624 Poirier Street
- Evergreen Cultural Centre - 1205 Pinetree Way
- Glen Pine Pavilion - 1200 Glen Pine Court
- Pinetree Community Centre - 1260 Pinetree Way
- Poirier Sport & Leisure Complex - 633 Poirier Street
Event Calendar Submission Form
The City of Coquitlam maintains an online Festival and Events Calendar and may, subject to approval, post other events taking place within the City. Click here to view event criteria and submission form.