The City of Coquitlam has a number of special lighting features that can be illuminated in themed colours to recognize important events and awareness campaigns. The light features include the fountain at Lafarge Lake, located in Town Centre Park, and the light columns and SkyTrain guideway pillars along Pinetree Way.
Request a Special Lighting Feature
In addition to lighting for annual holidays and citywide events, the City will also consider special occasion lighting requests that meet the following criteria:
- Application supports a local, provincial or national awareness issue that builds local community or is related to community health (such as World Mental Health Day, International Childhood Cancer Day, or World Alzheimer’s Day).
- Application supports an event of local, provincial or national significance (such as BC Day or Canada Day).
- Application supports a local festival or event that positively impacts local community spirit (such as Festival du Bois or the Adanacs winning the Minto Cup).
- Light features may be used to acknowledge and welcome visiting dignitaries (such as international civic officials) hosted by the City.
- Requests that contravene a City policy or bylaw, or requests that are personal, political or commercial in nature will not be considered.
- Lighting is limited to a 24-hour period, typically from dusk until dawn, subject to the operational parameters of the light feature.
Prior to submitting your request please ensure it meets criteria above and consult the calendar below to ensure the date you wish to request is not already committed. Then submit your Special Lighting Feature Request.
Please provide at least seven days’ notice for consideration of your applications.