What Government/Income Assistance documents can you submit?

Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS)

  • Eligibility letter (receive in June each year) OR
  • T4AOAS slip OR
  • GIS confirmation from Service Canada account: 

Shelter Aid for Elderly Renters (SAFER)

  • Benefits Eligibility letter

Compass Card (Red)

Employment Insurance (EI)

Resettlement Assistance Program (RAP) / Government-Assisted Refugees (GAR) 

RAP/GAR documentation OR

Ministry of Social Development & Poverty Reduction (MSDPR) or Ministry of Employment and Income Assistance (MEIA)

  • Notice of Deposit (Ministry cheque stub) OR
  • Confirmation of Assistance statement from My Self Serve (MySS) OR
  • T5007 or T5 Statement of Benefits tax slip from CRA if received social assistance  OR
  • Validated Release of Personal Information (get in person from Ministry of Social Development Office)

Show All Answers

1. Who is eligible to apply?
2. Who is not eligible to apply?
3. What documents do you need to apply?
4. What Government/Income Assistance documents can you submit?
5. What information should not be included in the application?
6. If I receive Old Age Security (OAS), Canada Pension Plan (CPP), or Long Term Disability (LTD) benefits, what do I submit?
7. What is an example of an Agency that could verify a Financial Assistance application?
8. How do you use the Low Income Cut-off table (LICO) if you are not receiving government assistance?
9. What is Total Family Income?
10. How do I use Income Statement for proof of income?
11. How do I apply without an Agency contact?
12. What is an adjudicator?
13. How soon will my/our application(s) be approved?
14. How do I get my 50 free drop-ins pass?
15. How do I contact Community Services staff if I have any questions?
16. How can I check to see the status of my application?
17. What can I do with my 50 free drop-ins and $225 credit?
18. Do you allow program withdrawal and do they get their credit refunded?
19. If I withdraw from a program, where does the credit go?
20. Is there a withdrawal fee of $5 for registered programs using the $225 credit?
21. What happens if I don’t have enough credit left to pay for a program?
22. How do I use my Recreation Credit?
23. How can I register for a program using Recreation Credit?
24. How long is the term for drop-ins and credit?
25. Which drop-in programs is pre-registration required?
26. How do I submit my application?