At an appointed time, the Board will meet to consider the application and receive verbal and written presentations from the applicant and neighbouring residents. The Board meeting must be conducted pursuant to rules set out in the Local Government Act and as interpreted by the Courts. The meeting will cover each item listed on the Agenda and will be conducted according to the following procedures:
- The Chairperson will provide introductory remarks including a overview of the process to be used at the meeting.
- The Chairperson will read out the property address and the name of the owner(s) or representative(s).
- The applicant will be asked to step forward and state their name and address and then provide an overview of the variance they are requesting and their undue hardship and the reasons they require the Board’s approval.
- After the applicant has completed their presentations the Board Members may seek clarification on the details of their application.
- The Chairperson will ask if anyone in the audience would like to speak to the application.
- All persons appearing who wish to be heard will be requested to approach the Board and give their name and address. If possible, please bring eight copies of any presentations for the Board members and City staff.
- Letters or photographs filed with the Board Secretary will form a part of the official Board of Variance Minutes.
- After all persons wanting to speak to the application have been heard the Board will then consider the application. Please note, the Board may adjourn consideration of an application to another date/time should they feel that there is insufficient information provided to make a decision.