The City of Coquitlam offers a variety of opportunities for citizens to participate in the enhancement of community spaces and programs through the gifting of park amenities, financial donations, or other gifts.
Park Amenity Program
Contributions to Coquitlam’s gifting program serve to enhance the beauty and enjoyment of the City’s parks and green spaces. Any interested citizen, community group, business or visitor can donate a park amenity.
Types of Donations and Gifts
Look through the Parks Amenity Donation Catalogue (PDF) to see what there is to choose from. You can donate a new amenity, adopt an existing park bench or renew or replace a previously donated amenities. Celebrate friends, family and important events with:
- chair or games table
- inscribed bronze plaque on a park bench
- picnic table
- specimen tree
Also consider a legacy amenity such as:
- outdoor exercise equipment
- picnic shelter
- sport court
How to Donate an Amenity
- Choose the amenity from the Parks Amenity Donation Catalogue (PDF).
- Please refer to the Donation and Gifting layer under the Parks, Recreation and Culture group on QtheMap for available locations.
- Complete a Park Donation Application Form (PDF) then:
- Email Parks Customer Service
- Mail to:
Donations and Gifting Program
City of Coquitlam
3000 Guildford Way
Coquitlam, BC, V3B 7N2
- The application will be reviewed and accepted by City staff.
- Parks staff will contact applicants with next steps.
Amenity Plaques / Tributes
Donated park amenities are intended to enhance the use and enjoyment of all City park visitors. Donors are encouraged to choose plaque wording that is respectful and positive in tone. Donated amenities cannot be embellished with wreaths or other items which may discourage public use. The Donations and Gifting program is not a memorial program. For memorial inquiries, please contact Robinson Memorial Park Cemetery by email or call 604-927-6020.
Pay tribute to a family member or friend, or celebrate an important event with a favourite quotation, inspiring message or simple statement of admiration: