The City’s Green Development Guide provides an explanation of five key green development topics; highlights green development practices applicable to development conditions within Coquitlam; can be used to facilitate discussions regarding sustainable development; and is a potential resource for development projects:
- Green Building (including renewable energy)
- Green Infrastructure (stormwater management and district energy)
- Natural Infrastructure (open space networks, naturescaping)
- Sustainable Transportation (street design, transit-oriented development)
- Sustainable Neighbourhoods (design principles, rating systems)
Coverage of each topic includes background material on the basic elements, benefits, and challenges, as well as a series of case studies. There is a "Further Resources" section at the end of the guide.
For more information, please refer to the Green Development Guide (PDF) .